1. Importance of healthy eating habits
Well, we’ve come to an era where cardiac arrest has been a regular thing, with teens getting exhausted from working for a few hours only, medicines coming in more than fruits or veggies in the house, and a high level of mental stress. A normal life has become a thing of the past now. Ever wondered, why and how? Our eating habits!
We prefer pizza over nutrient-enriched regular home-cooked food, stuff ourselves with junk food almost every other day, and the adequate water intake is not being taken seriously, and whatnot. While this goes on at a stretch, health issues are bound to happen and that is where the importance of healthy eating habits comes into play.
Good eating habits help maintain a balanced lifestyle and save you from discomfort and excessive amounts of money over treatments and medications.
Various supplements that fill the nutritional gaps to help the body function normally include Multivitamins, so maintaining good health isn’t as difficult as it seems.
2. Benefits of having a healthy balanced diet.
A healthy balanced diet provides your body with proper nourishment and supplies nutrients and vitamins it requires to function properly.
Here are some of the benefits of having a healthy balanced diet:
- It gives your body energy to carry out the daily tasks and remain functional overall.
- It provides your body with the nutrients it needs to perform bodily functions.
- It prevents you from eating unhealthy foods.
- It enhances the effectiveness of your immune system and makes it defend against all sorts of infections.
- It promotes good gut health, so you don’t face issues like constipation, bloating, etc.
- It also aids in the maintenance of heart health.
- Your body remains active during the entire day and fights fatigue like a pro.
- It improves the mental health and sleep quality as well.
Gut issues are stubborn health issues that take time to get cured, but you can include some probiotics for gut health supplements for improved digestive health and permanent treatment of gut health issues.
3. List of 21 good food habits
Here’s a list of 21 good food habits:
- Drink 8 - 12 glasses of water every day.
- Eat well-balanced meals.
- Control your portion sizes to prevent overeating.
- Reduce or avoid the intake of food rich in sugar.
- Prefer home-cooked meals over processed and packed foods.
- Avoid beverages containing sugar.
- Eat your last meal before 8 p.m.
- Limit the consumption of fried and junk food.
- Watch your caffeine intake.
- Include detox drinks and teas in your daily routine.
- Avoid all sorts of condiments just to enhance the taste of your food.
- Consume some fruits and vegetables higher in water concentration like cucumber or watermelon every day.
- Replace junk food with some healthy snacking options like foxnuts, dried fruits, popcorn, etc.
- Practice mindful eating by paying attention to each bite of the food you are eating.
- Include a different range of foods in your diet to avoid nutritional gaps.
- Incorporate healthy fats in your diet like avocados, olive oil, etc.
- Savour seasonal fruits to enjoy freshness.
- Avoid alcohol and drinks with artificial sweeteners.
- Include healthy supplements to support your body with additional and required nutrients.
- Ensure you chew food slowly and properly, it will help in the digestion of food.
- Consume foods that support your gut health like probiotics. Good gut health stimulates mood and has an overall impact on the body.
Consuming nutritional gummies that provide your body with the nutrients it needs is the second most convenient way of taking care of your body first being eating well-balanced food.
A healthy diet is key to a healthy and happy lifestyle. Treat your body well and it will do the same to you. Your health depends on the fuel you provide to the body, if it's good, it’ll give you great mileage but if it's bad, it leads to breakdown and poor performance.
There are not just 20 benefits of healthy eating but a hundred or thousand for that matter. If you want to improve your quality of life, begin by improving your food-eating habits.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q1. Are there any key components of a balanced diet?
Yes, there are some of the key components that make up a balanced diet and they are:
- Carbohydrates: These are the primary source of energy for our body. Foods like brown rice, legumes, potatoes, etc., are good sources of carbohydrates.
- Proteins: They are made up of the building blocks of our body called amino acids and are essential for repairing and building tissues. Eggs, dairy products, etc., are a good source of proteins.
- Vitamins: This is a nutrient group that is important for almost all the functions of the body. Fruits, vegetables, dairy products, and animal-based foods are some sources of vitamins.
- Minerals: These help in the physiological functions of the body along with bone health, etc. Leafy vegetables, dairy products, etc. are some of the sources of minerals.
- Fats: They act as an efficient energy-storage system, and are crucial for other bodily functions as well. Olive oil, meat, avocados, etc. are some sources of fats.
Q2. How can I plan my meals for a healthy diet while travelling?
Planning your meals according to a healthy diet while you travel is not much of a task. It depends on your travel time and the mode of travel.
- You can pack some healthy snacks like foxnuts, dried fruits, etc., and take them along.
- Hydrate yourself.
- Travelling will render you tired and craving food, so make sure you don’t end up eating junk or unhealthy food. Almost every food joint has healthy eating options available.
Q3. How many meals are enough for a day?
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner make up the three essential meals that you should take well on time. These three meals are enough for the day.
YOU MAY READ ALSO:-