1. What is bloating?
Are there times when you feel full even after eating NOTHING for almost a day or so? Or, is your stomach making noises and embarrassing you, or is your tummy looking bigger than normal? Well, you are BLOATED!
Bloating refers to the feeling of fullness, discomfort and tightness in your gut. Various reasons contribute to a bloated stomach but can be cured if you adopt a few lifestyle changes and eating habits.
2. What causes bloating?
Almost 25 - 30 % of people complain about bloating. It might seem like a small digestive issue but if it is recurring then you might need to consult a healthcare professional. Here are some causes of bloating:
- Overeating: One of the most common reasons that lead to a bloated stomach and other digestive issues, it promotes the production of gas, slows down digestion and leads to constipation.
- Constipation: A normal human body gets bowel movement in the morning itself and it is a daily occurrence. However, if your body does not behave in the same manner, you are constipated, eventually leading to bloating.
- Cruciferous and Gas-producing Foods: Vegetables like Cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, although high in fibre cause gas, which results in a bloated stomach.
- Hormonal Changes: Women during Menstruation might feel bloated, but it is temporary and goes away as soon as it gets over.
- Food Intolerances: Many people are intolerant of certain foods or products that cause discomfort and additional reactions like bloating.
- Medical Condition: There might be some underlying conditions that contribute to a few digestive issues like bloating. If such issues persist for a long period, you must check with your doctor.
3. How to get rid of bloating?
Here are some bloated stomach remedies some of which may also provide instant bloating relief:
- Practice mindful eating.
- Control your portion sizes
- Hydrate your body progressively
- Keep a check on your fibre intake.
- Increase physical activity.
- Incorporate probiotic supplements.
4. Lifestyle changes and modifications to keep good gut health
Maintaining good gut health is easier if you make a few changes in your lifestyle and remain consistent with it. Here are some suggestions:
- Exercise regularly.
- Keep your body hydrated.
- Take your meals on time.
- Be mindful of what you are eating.
- Avoid triggering foods that upset your stomach.
- Opt for a balanced diet.
- Incorporate body supplements into your daily routine.
- Take a stroll after having your meal.
- Avoid a sedentary lifestyle and make efforts to remain active.
5. Importance of probiotics in maintaining good gut health
“Almost nothing influences our gut bacteria as much as our food. Prebiotics are the most powerful tool at our disposal if we want to support our good bacteria - that is, those that are already there and are there to stay.”
― Giulia Enders, Gut: The Inside Story of Our Body's Most Underrated Organ.
If you are looking for how to reduce bloating immediately, Take Probiotics. Here’s how probiotics help in maintaining good gut health:
- It promotes the growth of good bacteria in our gut and inhibits the growth of the bad ones.
- It improves digestion by aiding in the absorption of nutrients from the foods we eat.
- It enhances the gut’s immune system by reducing the risk of autoimmune diseases.
- It prevents various digestive issues like bloating, constipation etc.
- It influences good mood and mental health.
- It also helps reduce stomach inflammation caused by some foods or digestive issues.
Instead of making efforts to figure out the bloating remedies, you should focus on incorporating foods and making some lifestyle changes to prevent such conditions.
You can eat anything you want provided you consume a lesser portion of it along with taking foods that would balance out the whole meal.
Probiotics contain beneficial bacteria that promote your gut health and aid in the proper gut functioning of the body.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Here is your frequently asked question about how to reduce bloating
Q1. Does regular exercise help in maintaining good gut health?
Yes, absolutely. Physical activity usually has various benefits for the overall functioning of the body and also helps in maintaining good gut health by:
- Aiding in weight management
- Reducing stress
- Increased microbial diversity
Q2. Does overeating also cause bloating?
Overeating normally causes many digestive issues including bloating. It slows down the digestion, promotes the production of gas, and enhances the gastric pressure. So, yes, you should avoid overeating to prevent bloating.
Q3. What foods to avoid for bloating?
Mindful eating along with the knowledge of foods to avoid bloating or any such concerns will help you improve your gut-health. Here are some of the foods you should avoid or consume in fewer portions to prevent bloating:
- Carbonated drinks like soda etc.
- Cruciferous Vegetables like Cauliflower, Broccoli etc.
- Legumes like beans and lentils.
- Cereal Grains like wheat and barley.
- Dairy products like cheese, butter etc.
YOU MAY LIKE ALSO: